Homemade Beef, Bean and Vegetable Chili
Topped with Colby Cheese and Plain Yogurt
I am LOVING this warm weather!!! We had the patio door open all afternoon and I love the smell of spring coming into the house I am feeling much, much better (whether it’s Advil or I cured, I am not sure). I lucked out and the husband made dinner tonight while I prepared for my super-annoying hated Chem lab tomorrow. I HATE chemicals – they are so. boring.
The chili was made with the following:
- 8 oz ground beef (frozen and thawed and browned on the side)
- 1/2 a bag of frozen bell peppers
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1.25 cups of dried pinto beans, soaked and simmered this afternoon (you could easily just use canned!)
- 1 can kidney beans
- 3/4 cup frozen okra
- 3 slices pre-cooked bacon
- Cocoa, cinnamon, hot sauce, etc. to taste
Cook bacon. Brown meat. Add all ingredients to pot. Simmer to taste, about 30 minutes.
Recipe makes 4-6 servings for 1400 total kcal – portion as you please!
A few of my favorites on the side – I can’t have soup without ‘em! Something about the dryness goes so well with a thick soup.
This dinner was about 330 kcal.
I am off to take another bath and read in bed. I need a little R&R!