Hello, KERF readers!
Kath inspired me to try pumpkin oatmeal and oatmeal in a jar, so, I’d like to share my "pumpkin oats in a jar" topping experiment with you. I love pumpkin bread or muffins with cream cheese, and thought that it might taste good on pumpkin oats, too. So, I gave it a try and let me tell you, it was AWESOME!
I used an almost-empty jar of Naturally More peanut butter (~2 TBSP left +/-) as my nutty vehicle of choice…
I made the oats on the stove top with:
- 1/2 cup (40g) Quaker 100% rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s 100% pure canned pumpkin
- 1 medium banana
- Dash of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 packets Truvia zero calorie sweetener
- 1 TBSP Philadelphia 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 7g unsalted peanuts
- 5g roasted & salted pumpkin seeds
If you like pumpkin bread/muffins with cream cheese, then I highly recommend trying your pumpkin oats with cream cheese on top, it’s heavenly!
And yes, that is just plain water in my cup. LOL