There’s nothing worse than being bored at work, and we are never bored on a Saturday here!
More wonderful things about working in a bakery are:
1) The temperature is always 80* – like a tropical island year round!
2) There is no shortage of food if you get hungry
3) There is always fun music playing
4) Every day is a fresh start at the elimination game. The goal is to get rid of everything in the store, so it’s a very organized process for type A people like me
5) People interaction all day long. Our customers are so nice.
I discovered that I was suddenly starving at 11:30, but then a tub of frosting presented itself after Alex has frosted some cinnamon pecan buns. A [clean] spoonful was enough to keep me going.
Healthiest snack of the year award : )
By the time I actually did have time to sit down for lunch after the lunchtime rush, I was craving protein and veggies badly!
I put together a salad with tuna salad, hummus, pimento cheese, cheddar and lots of veggies, plus a few croutons of bread.
The farmer’s market sold out of bread an hour early!
And we are OUT of Honey Bunnies here already!
Next year = make more!
Happy Easter Weekend!