I was up at 5:37 this morning wide awake. Guess my brain is a little anxious! I’m starting to feel nervous about all the traveling, mostly things like security, getting my two carry-ons on board safely, delays – the usual. Crossing my fingers all goes well.
I did 45 minutes of Heart Opening Flow #1 from 7-7:45. I’ve slacked off on yoga this week (being slightly burned out after last Saturday) but boy did it feel good to s—t—r—e—t—c—h again! I’ve got a weird pain in my chest this morning. Maybe I pulled something at the gym yesterday? Hopefully I am not on the verge of a heart attach…. hence the heart opening flow today!
The oatmeal mix has milk solids, brown sugar, cranberries, almonds and I think raisins? Maybe some other ingredients – they are working to change over to put them all on the label. I used a half a cup portion and ended up adding in some 9 grain cereal too because it was rather liquidy and I worried it would thicken differently (because the nuts took up some of the space so I had less oat-per-portion so the water was a little off).
- 1/2 cup oatmeal mix, 1 tbsp 9 grain, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp flax
- 1/4 cup-ish Whitney in Chicago’s granola
- Few toffee pieces
- Small spoonful TJ’s PB
The mix was definitely sweetened and I wasn’t crazy about the texture – it gelled a little!? I am anti-gelatinization
More of the delicious new Chicago coffee!
Note my furry Quaker bathrobe sleeve in the photo!
For dessert I scraped out the last few edges of our empty Barney Butter! I told Matt a nice welcome home gift would be a new jar
- I WILL be blogging during my travels, most likely once a day. Stay tuned!
- I WILL be reading comments but I WILL NOT be responding!! Please re-ask any questions when I get home.
- Matt will be posting some and will be in charge of moderating any inappropriate comments (as will I when I have internet).
- While I certainly plan to capture lots of the meals I’ll be eating, I probably won’t be able to do an hour by hour recap of my eats/activities like I normally do. Hope you understand I might just do some photo recaps and keep the commentary short. It’s much quicker + easier to snap a photo than it is to explain all the ingredients on a plate of unknown foods!
- I’m going to take some videos but I’ll save those for my return posts
Here is my schedule. Please share with any readers who ask!
Saturday: Fly to Atlanta, 3 hour layover, fly to Amsterdam
Sunday: 3 hour layover, 9 hour flight to Nairobi, arrive in Kenya at 8:30p, dinner in the hotel
Monday: TBD, dinner with the group that night.
Tuesday: Flight to Kericho, begin tea estate activities
Wednesday: TEA tours!
Thursday: Depart from estate and travel through National Park, dinner in Nairobi
Friday: TBD, 10p flight to Amsterdam
Saturday: Arrive in Detroit, short layover, arrive in Charlotte 3pm, attend pot luck St. Patty’s party with our friends!
Just took my first malaria pill. Yikes!!