I had to do a double take this morning to make sure this frost wasn’t snow!! Our grass is usually GREEN (or BROWN) but not white!
I made a supercharged holiday bowl of oatmeal just for OPRAH this morning!
Deck The Blog, Deck The Oats
Gingerbread Oatmeal with Freshly Fallen Snowconut
I started with Scottish oatmeal…
…and added some frozen ripe bananas because we’re all out of fresh! Good to know this worked perfectly (as I found out in my food science experiment last spring)
And the special gingerbread topping was two Biscoff cookies that Sarah (and her sister!) got for me!!! Thanks ladies!!
- 1/4 cup Scottish oatmeal
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch salt
- ~1/2 frozen banana slices
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Combine all in pot, crank heat to medium and stir until all liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes total.
- 1 crumbled Biscoff, 1 for eating plain
- ~2 tsp coconut snow
- Spoonful of Barney Butter
Peppermint creme coffee!
Lots fun stuff planned for today:
- Yoga with Emily
- Xmas tree!? + decorating
- A final Real Food Consultation (I’m closing these out for the year, but I hope they’ll be back when I’m a REAL R.D. soon!)
- Some singing (currently loving "Popular" from Wicked!)
- A recipe to be developed involving mac and cheese