Anna’s first cycle class went over well!! Her response:
“Great workout. A little long. But a perfect way to start the day.”
And she adds that the cup of coffee she had before she left was what got her through all 55 minutes
I brainstormed oatmeal combos during cycle and decided on cottage cheese + wheatberry oats since Anna says she loves cottage cheese. I didn’t have any wheatberries on hand, so we filled a glass bowl with water and microwaved them for a quick cook. It worked quite well. The husband was actually in charge and I told him to nuke them for 10 minutes on high and he did 2 minutes on high, 5 times. So they took a bit longer because it wasn’t 10 consecutive minutes (about 15 total) so I think the method could be worked again to produce a recipe.
Each bowl contained:
- 1/3 cup oats, 2% milk, water
- Pinch salt, vanilla bean paste
- 2/3 a small banana (2 small / 3 people)
- About 2-3 tbsp wheatberries
- About 2 tbsp cottage cheese each (I put 1/3 a cup in the pot)
- About 1 tbsp raisins each
- Topping: Honest Foods Trail Mix Country Square
- Spoonful nut butter (I had Barney Butter)
Plus delicious coffee!
Anna’s accompanying me to class this morning (although she’s going to hang out in the student union) and then we’re all set to get this weekend started!!