Low Country Boil
Nothing says beach vacation more than a low-country boil Or peel-n-eat shrimp, at the least. And nothing goes better with peel-n-eat shrimp than Old Bay and beer!
This proportion of ingredients and method were perfect for 4 people.
- 1 extra large pot (or you could use 2 smaller pots)
- 4 lemons, sliced
- 1 bag of Zatarain’s Crab boil mix in a bag (check your grocery store)
- 1/4 cup of Old Bay seasoning (dump in to taste!)
- 5 red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 pounds shrimp (we had 1 lb each of rock shrimp and Gulf shrimp)
- 3 ears of corn, halved
- 1 package of kielbasa, chopped into 1-inch pieces (we used leaner turkey kielbasa)
- Fill extra large pot with water, sliced lemons + Zatarains mix. Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and kielbasa. Cook 20 minutes.
- Add corn. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp. Cook until pink, 3-5 minutes. DO NOT overcook!
- Drain – eat!
Draining with the Zatarain’s packet –
Suggested seasonings: cocktail sauce, ketchup and more Old Bay.
It’s so hard to pick a favorite part, but I think I’d have to say the potatoes! I love my starches
You gotta have a “shell bowl” for shrimp and beer caps!