I have no idea how I managed everything I do throughout the semester – I can barely manage it now! I feel like I eat, sleep, exercise and squeeze in all things blog + freelance in between (well, and fun vacations and iPhone buys as well ). I have yet to lay in the hammock reading since finishing classes. Tomorrow,” I keep telling myself. Well, I didn’t get my article done this AM, so this afternoon will be spent working.
I went for a run around 10:45 – not quite digested. I would have been faster if I’d waited another hour, but time was running out. I did 5.62 miles in about 50 minutes. It was a nice run because the sky was bright blue and I had my iPod with me I ran about 9 minute miles.
Once home, I showered, but on a SWEATER, sat on a call that never was, and then made lunch at 12:30. Kelsey couldn’t come today after all – she’s waiting for the plumber
I give you: Cinnamon Coconut Hummus!
I was making this hummus before I even had time to plan the recipe.
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) light coconut milk, drizzled into food processor
That’s it! It’s heavy on the cinnamon (hence the brown color) so use less if you don’t like it that much. And I would also recommend a touch of maple syrup to this next time! You can taste the chickpeas, but since they are a pretty neutral bean, it was more like a desserty hummus (minus any sugar).
I made a whole tasting plate around it –
Veggies – green pepper, zucchini, carrot
Fruit – first peach of the season!! LOVE peaches!
The last of the last box of kashis
I never felt that Twitter made much sense for me since I blog so frequently, but now that I’m iPhoning, I found an app for it and am thinking about updating more regularly I’m KathEats if you didn’t know!
I found some really cool iPhone things last night on the Tips + Tricks page (who wouldda thought!?). It’s all stuff I wouldn’t have known on my own -
- If you hit the space bar twice quickly it does a period and a space – saving a step.
- You can save photos from the internet by touching them and holding down
- Hold down the icons until they jiggle and you can rearrange them
- Google app has VOICE recognition for Google searches!
- Google Tasks seems to be the most user friendly to do list I’ve found that is also user friendly from a computer, so I’m sticking with that.
- BUT I found this thing called reQall that does voice recognition and is pretty advanced, so I might check that out too
- Not sure if I’ll be taking my phone to the gym, but this fitness app is pretty impressive
- Nuevasync enables you to sync Google Calendar (multiple ones!) and Gmail Contacts (without importing every email ever) – v. cool!
That’s all I got for now. Not sure what other apps I would even want?
Update: I’m pretty sure the garage critters are dead I poked one with a stick and he was lightweight and stiff like a dead animal. I’m pretty sure they were squirrel babies.
Talk to y’all later!