Of course we had to open a little vino tonight! A fabulously delicious granache!
And I made my favorite KERF recipe ever invented!!
Anna helped with the squash…
Check the recipe for the technique but tonight’s version included:
- 1 medium-small butternut squash
- 1 carrot
- 10 oz grass-fed ground chuck
- An Imagine brand butternut squash soup (the small box)
- 1 glove garlic
- Cinnamon, chili powder, nutmeg, red pepper flakes, S+P
- 2 apples
- Like 6 cups of kale?
- An additional cup of chicken broth (we let it cook + thicken too much)
SO GOOD!! Anna loved it too 8)
On the side we all split the cheddar-herb scuffin Anna bought at Great Harvest. Mmmm!!
And I had another oz of wine –
Dessert bites included bites of Gina’s macaroon and Great Harvest power bar (a mix of PB, grains and fruit/nuts that the husband brought home)
We’re off to get in bed early because tomorrow we’re going running first thing (Anna requested another hard-core KERF workout!) and then we’re headed to NC Wine Country!!!! Well, just to visit a winery in the morning and stop by Davidson (my alma mater) before lunch uptown.