I’m running around like a chicken….well you know the rest 🙂 And suddenly it’s pouring outside, which doesn’t make for a walking-friendly afternoon!
We made it out of Costco at $70 – not bad!! In the cart:
- Tomato paste (bulk pack)
- Crushed tomatoes (6 pack)
- OATS! (These will last us about 2 months – for only $6.50!)
- Stonyfield yogurts for the hub (I think a 12 pack of the low-fats?)
- Peanuts in the shell (5 lb bag)
- Raisins (2 big bags)
- Earth-friendly laundry detergent (met a woman who LOVES is and it is all-natural, high efficiency and was only $12.99 for like 200 loads!?)
- 2 all-natural whole chickens
Then I hit the grocery store by myself. Sorry no photos today because I’m in a rush! I bought PAM High Heat cooking spray only to discover it has partially hydrogenated blah blah in it. It will be returned this week! But otherwise I got a ton of fresh produce, milk, and some Breyers All-Natural Vanilla Ice Cream for our parents dinner dessert!
Lunch was rushed….but good!! Quite good for throwing together quickly!
Frozen (thawed and heated) squash and mushroom leftover soup. These thick soups freeze really well in a freezer zip lock back, flat on a cookie sheet and then stacked.
Plus apple and cinnamon –
CRACKERS!!! They are chewier than they are crunchy. And being a chew person, that suits me JUST fine. Great flavor too!
And a mini dill pickle 😉 Just got those today on sale. I love pickles!
All together –
Lunch was roughly 425 kcal, 16 grams fiber, 13 grams protein.
Gotta run!! See you guys with the breast cancer dinner recap either late tonight or first thing in the AM.