Well, it makes excellent brown water!!!
= Human error. We have to figure out the right proportion of grounds to water. We used to use a heaping 1/3 cup grounds for 40 oz of French press and it was perfect. So we used the same with this and it was very weak. Next time we’re going to try 1/2 cup grounds for 6 cups. It’s unfortunate that we’ll have to use MORE coffee each time! But maybe we can also cut back on water (we each usually have a 12 oz mug filled to the brim, so probably 30 ounces between the two of us).
After being without our oatmeal ingredients this summer and moving to a new kitchen, I have YET to make a perfect bowl here. I like my oatmeal runny and VERY creamy with embedded chunks of stuff and crunchy toppings.
With all the ingredients I needed in house,this bowl was pretty darn close:
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water ( <— a bit more water helps keep it from drying out)
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 banana
- Pinch salt, splash vanilla, sprinkle cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese, stirred in at end (Organic Valley is my fav!!)
- 2 tbsp wheatberries, stirred in at end (pre-cooked from fridge)
- Toppings: Sample Galaxy Granola + TJs Sunflower Butter
Reader Jill sent me this NPR cast with a funny song about "Oat Groats" at the 1:23 mark
Which led me to be singing Raffi’s Oats And Beans And Barley
Which led me to Baby Beluga!
Larbs and I LOVED Raffi when we were little!