After a little relaxation at home with this furball…
We headed to Ruby Tuesday for the infamous salad bar with my padres I love salad bars so much! I was starving from my smallish lunch, so my salad was piled sky-high with veggies and toppings. Dad didn’t know it, but he and I were in a competition for the biggest (because no one loves buffets more than he does). Upon declaration of the contest, he said I won for volume, but his won for topping variety.
Not the most photogenic of dishes….
- Greens: Mixed greens + romaine + spinach
- Veg: Carrots, peas, broccoli, zucchini, green pepper, mushroom, cucumber, beets
- Beans: Edamame + garbanzo (2 tbsp ea.)
- Animal: Some egg, some bacon bits, some ham, cottage cheese
- Crunch: Croutons, saltine crackers, sunflower seeds
- Flavor: Black olives, blue cheese, 1 apple from a mayo-based fruit salad
It was bigger than it looks (although that’s about a 9″ plate) and I’m stuffed now! But contributing to that, I also had 2 more packets of saltines, a few sips of dad’s Red Oak, a bite of the husband’s bison burger, 2 french fries and a bite of mom’s quiche! We’re a sharing-kinda-family. Thanks for taking us M + D.
To top it all off, I had another small oatmeal cookie x2. I hope these are as healthy as they taste! My stash is slowly shrinking 🙁
I’m actually typing this on my laptop in the third lane of I-85 South, near exit 132! I’m excited to sleep in my own bed tonight and wake up tomorrow for some yoga, pumpkin oats (I’ve already planned my bowl!), and a good workout. Plus tons of studying and inauguration watching.
OH and we’re supposed to get SNOW tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not just flurries – 2-4″!!
I am SO ready to get back to 100% healthy eating!