- 1/2 cup uncooked Bob’s Red Mill millet
- 1 small head cabbage, sliced into ribbons
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 oz package cremini mushrooms
- 1 head broccoli, cut into pieces (about 2.5 cups)
- 1/3 green pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 corn on the cob, corn cut off (or 1/2 cup frozen corn)
- 1/2 poblano pepper, diced
- 1/2 a jicama , cut into bite sized pieces
- Clove garlic
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
Cook millet as directed on package. Sautee veggies in garlic, ginger and cooking spray or olive oil until tender.
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (half a lemon)
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
Shake or whisk together dressing and pour over millet. Combine millet and veggies. Toss with toasted sunflower seeds.
Makes about 12 cups . About 110 kcal, 6 grams fiber and 4.5 grams protein per 1 cup serving.
It was delicious – but unfortunately not very pretty: