Confetti Shrimp + Grits
Shrimp, Broccoli Raab + Veggies in Honey Buttered Polenta
This one’s a winner!
Serves 1, about 425 calories a serving.
- 10-12 medium shrimp, peeled
- Small bunch of broccoli raab, or spinach, or collards, or other green
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 a cup assorted bell peppers, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Sprinkle Chili powder
- 1/4 cup quick cooking polenta
- 1 tbsp buttery spread
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp honey (secret ingredient!!)
- Add olive oil to pan and heat. Place shrimp one by one into pan and don’t touch until brown on one side. Flip and sear until crispy. Remove from pan.
- Add veggies to pan and sautee a few minutes. Stir in Old Bay and chili powder. Add 1/4 cup water to deglaze plan and steam veggies. Remove veggies from pan when tender.
- Add raab (or other greens) to pan. Sautee a few minutes until wilted. Add a splash of water to steam/deglaze, if needed.
- Meanwhile, cook polenta as package says (mine said to bring water to boil, add polenta and stir for 5 minutes).
- When polenta is thick, stir in 1 tbsp butter until melted. Then drizzle on tsp of honey.
- Add veggies and greens to polenta pot and stir together. Pour into bowl and top with shrimp and parmesan.
The combo of butter (y spread) and honey make the grits taste like a sweet cornbread. Or honey butter. Take your pick.