Linguine In A Red Clam Sauce
Linguine in a Tomato Clam Sauce
with Zucchini, Jalapeño, Capers and Spinach
My production was inspired by this recipe from Cooking Light for Linguine with Clam Sauce, but I rarely follow a recipe and made quite a few changes to this guy.
Here’s what was in my sauce:
- 10 oz of chopped zucchini (2 medium)
- 1 jalapeño, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 big handful baby spinach
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6.5 oz can minced clams, partially drained (EWW!)
- Basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and Dry Sherry (just a splash)
- 2 tbsp or so of capers
- 1 tsp EVOO for veggies
- 7 grams grated fresh Parmesan
I served it over 2 oz whole wheat linguine for me plus 4 oz spaghetti squash (pre-cooked leftovers for more volume!). The husband just got 3 oz linguine.
Dinner is served!