This recipe isn’t for everyone, but it sure worked for me! It was a strange combo, but I love all the flavors individually so why not like them combined?
Cranberry – Bean Stuffed Acorn Squash with Pecans + Caraway
My breakfast didn’t hold me over as well today – maybe it was the absence of nut butter?
I had a handful of Quaker Squares at 11 and a cup’a tea –
Here’s a photo tutorial of acorn squash for RhodeyGirl 😀 *Mine was orange because it was some random species, but they are usually greenish-black.*
1) Preheat oven to 375*
2) Cut squash in half with knife:
3) Scoop out seeds with a grapefruit spoon –
4) Put about half an inch of water in a baking dish and place squash cut-side-down
5) Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until squash is tender when poked through with a knife.
My BSI cranberry combo was:
- 1/2 cup cooked navy beans, heated
- About 1/3 cup prepared cranberry sauce, heated
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Sprinkle of toasted chopped pecans
SO filling and so delicious! Oh, and I eat the skin. If the squash is cooked well enough, it’s just like eating potato or apple skin. Who wants to bother scooping out the flesh!? It’s not efficient. Just cut and eat!
On the side I had 2 quarters of leftover pumpkin bagel topped with PB and PB (peanut + pumpkin butters )
This lunch was really filling and satisfying. I hope it wasn’t too much fiber though!
I got to watch The Office on my laptop while I dined!
I received this awesome lunch submission from reader Caroline yesterday. I have to say, it looks scrum-diddly-ump-tious! Who can turn down a burger for lunch!? And Chia seeds! I’m going to have to investigate these!
A veggie burger on toasted Ezekial bun with arugula, tomato and avocado
A juicy Red Delicious!
Yogurt with Ch-Ch-ch-Chia! seeds
Peace out and happy weekend 8)