As much as I love the feeling of having a workout done before I start my day, the days when I save it for the afternoon sure have peaceful mornings. I made a point to get up at 5:30 today even though I’m running this afternoon just so I’d have tons of time. Moving about my house in the mornings makes me feel grown up! I made a pot of coffee too, which is the #1 grown up activity, and am finishing up a load of laundry before 8am 😎
I also made Pumpkin Coconut Pie Oatmeal!
I had the Chobani, pumpkin and Quaker Squares out on the counter to assemble a yogurt breakfast but literally when I had my hand on the lid I decided I wanted something warm and pushed the yogurt back to tomorrow’s lunch since you guys said expired yogurts have much more wiggle room than I thought.
But the pumpkin got opened. I apologize in advance that I will be eating a lot of pumpkin in the next week – this 28 oz can was HUGEEEEEEEE!
Today’s combo did not include banana (gasp!!) because the husband only got 4 bananas this week and I only have one left!! Normally I would have raced back to the grocery store – milk + banana are the two things we absolutely cannot live without….or can we!? This week we’re using vanilla soy milk from Costco (the kind that’s shelf stable and $12 for 12 boxes) and I am choosing pumpkin + apple for breakfast the other 2 days. While I may be rolling in bars and free samples this week, I am making a point to continue eating as I normally do during the challenge to make it fair. While all the samples are fair game for the Challenge (good strategy too, as M pointed out last night!) they can’t replace fresh foods. But I do think I should choose them more for afternoon snack to use them up not only when I am on the go.
OK, so back to oats!
- 1/3 cup Windy Hills Flax oats, 1/3 cup soy milk, 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (a lot!) (stirred in at end and pre-heated)
- 1/8 cup cottage cheese (stirred in at end)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 crumbled Coconut Cream LaraBar (While the flavor was great, LaraBars are a little weak on the chew factor so I have determined they’re not the ideal oatmeal topping since chew/crunch is my topping goal)
- Spoonful Barney Butter
- Shaved coconut butter (This was the perfect solution! The coconut butter is rather hard – just like wax. You can’t really “spoon” some out. So rather than melting it in a separate bowl and having to wash that, I just shaved some off with a fork, and it melted right onto the hot oats!)
I’m feeling so organized this morning. Last night’s 10 minutes of cleaning the floors (I also vacuumed), the laundry that is almost done and the uncluttered house because my spouse hasn’t been home make things neat
But I’m looking forward to having lunch with him today!!
We should get our organic tests back today 😳