The best you can hope for in life is that your next year is better than your last.
Are you guys making resolutions for 2014? I generally have the same ones every year:
Those are pretty all-encompassing of the usuals: eat well, exercise often, make time for myself, rest, love on my family and friends, stay organized, stress less, act generously and kindly toward others. These are the resolutions I wake up with every morning, so New Years just feels like a time to be extra focused on my everyday goals. I do love the refreshing feeling of resolutions though!
Here are 14 things I am looking forward to this year:
1. Matt’s 31st birthday – I have a few great presents ready to go!
2. A trip to Key West with Karen and Andrew! I can’t wait for warm tropical weather
3. Mazen’s first tumbling class. He sure loves to jump and flip so I can’t wait to see how he likes it!
4. Spring soccer season. I really loved playing this fall and can’t wait for games to start up again.
5. Great Harvest Convention. It’s in a warm destination this year!
6. Spring weather when our backyard becomes really fun again
7. Our 7th wedding anniversary!
8. A summer beach trip. Maybe Mazen will love the ocean this year?
9. The Third Annual Low Country Boil!
10. A weekend girls’ trip somewhere fun with my mom friends. TBD.
11. Mazen’s 2nd birthday. What will he be able to do by then!?
12. Mazen’s first day of preschool! Just 2 mornings a week, but a big step in growing up
13. A romantic fall getaway to Sonoma – without our little guy. It’s been a long time since we’ve set foot in wine country and a long time since we’ve been anywhere as a couple <3
14. Turning 32. Where has the time gone.